Sunday, March 25, 2007

Side panels, race numbers, fitting the engine cover, exhaust, installing the propshaft

It's 25th March, and the car should be ready before 5th April for a car show. Starting to feel the pressure...

First version of the racenumbers. In our class the racenumbers come from the chassis number, this is the 19th Locost in Finland to get chassis numbering.

Testing how the side panels fit. We decided to make them the easiest way, just a plain sheet of aluminium with a couple folds. Thanks to Reiska for making them!

Reiska made one that he said wasn't up to his standards, we tried it on and it fit perfectly. I guess we don't need to have it as accurately as some as his customers do.

Fitting the engine cover. We had to make a hole to fit the carburetors.

The carburetors stick out a bit. According to the rules no mechanical parts can stick out, so we will have to make a small addition to the engine cover to raise it over them. The air filter is allowed to stick out.

Fitting the painted front suspension parts. It feels a bit bad that the car hasn't been in rolling condition yet.

We also started making the exhaust.

We sprayed a clear coat on the carbon fenders to get that last bit of shine.

The support bearings for the propshaft, this is where the reverse will be installed.

The engine end of the propshaft. Here you can see the adapter to fit the propshaft to the bike engine.

Filling and sanding the dashboard. It was in pretty bad shape because the mold wasn't straight.

No comments: