Sunday, January 28, 2007

Preparing the car for paint

Some pictures from the "better" camera

Thinking about how to mount the engine.

But I guess we forgot about serviceability. This bolt was mounted the wrong way when we welded the mounting points for the engine.

From the picture you can see the engine mounts. We tried to make them as light and stiff as possible.

The frame painted black, side panels added and we're preparing the car for paint.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Henrik's car ready to be painted

We decided to first make Henrik's car finished, and then continue with Mika's car. When making parts, most of them will be made double, so we don't have to start making them twice. Currently we're working on the reverse and the propshaft.

We got the basecoat on Henrik's frame, and it will be painted black next week.

Monday, January 1, 2007

First update of the year

According to the timetable, the car should be on it's wheels. We're a bit behind, but nothing dramatic.

Rear suspension.

Welding the brackets to the rear axle.

Picture of the frame.

Henrik's car has a floor. We should get the prop shaft tunnel done today, and then we will paint the car as soon as the weather goes below 0°C.